I am not including a final photograph of the tat just in case her parents find this blog. You never know. Trees are pretty popular, but it is the classy one in the December 2011 archives on Trevor's Tumblr.
Since I was there for tat #1, I insisted on being the official hand-holder for #2. To me, the three and a half hours went by really quickly because I was so engrossed by the process. To Mer, I'm sure it was 3.5 hours of agonizing toe-curling and jaw-clenching. She was a good sport, though, and made it through the evening without incident.
I talked to Trevor about my own desire to permanently ink my body. The more we talked about coloring, cost, and care over time, the more I did not want to put the effort into it. The more Mer squeezed my hand, the less exciting the process seemed. Then the realization really hit home: the only time I think about getting a tatto is when I see one on another person. I need to think about it unprovoked before getting one myself. So until that happens, I'll give it a rest.

No comments:
Post a Comment