Tonight I received three fraud alerts from Bank of America! Because of them, it took two hours to book two Eurostar train tickets. I can never remember if the credit card company has my billing address listed as, "address, Apt 5," or, "address [line break] Apt 5." Each of my credit cards and banking accounts do it differently. When I enter my address the incorrect way, the online transaction is denied.
Every time I called BofA tonight, I had to explain that I, the account holder, am the guilty party committing "fraudulent activity." One even asked why I was still awake and not sleeping. How embarrassing! Now my credit card is on high alert, meaning the alarm will assuredly go off when I attempt to book a RyanAir flight next week.
Morals of the story: Visa and BofA don't mess around. A travel agent might be worth the extra costs.


No comments:
Post a Comment