I went to the podiatrist this morning because of a crippling pain in my left foot over the weekend. I love flirting with the old men in the waiting room because I know it brightens their day.
The diagnosis? A broken sesamoid bone. The bone itself is about the size of a corn kernel but since it's weight-bearing -- it's in the ball of the foot -- it can cause major problems. I had injured it years ago when I played on my high school's tennis team; back then the doc just told me to ice and elevate it. This time around I was insistent on letting it heal correctly! Here's a picture I found on Flickr of an x-ray very similar to mine:
So now I have to wear a boot 24/7 except for driving, showering and bed (here the doctor winked at me).
Crampin' my style. Still trying to find ways to work out.
The diagnosis? A broken sesamoid bone. The bone itself is about the size of a corn kernel but since it's weight-bearing -- it's in the ball of the foot -- it can cause major problems. I had injured it years ago when I played on my high school's tennis team; back then the doc just told me to ice and elevate it. This time around I was insistent on letting it heal correctly! Here's a picture I found on Flickr of an x-ray very similar to mine:
So now I have to wear a boot 24/7 except for driving, showering and bed (here the doctor winked at me).
Crampin' my style. Still trying to find ways to work out.



Only you have the potential to make a broken foot boot sexy, I believe in you.
ReplyDelete