April Fool's

April Fool's holiday for my family came a few weeks early this year. At the beginning of March I participated in a 'casting clinic' during which we learned how to put a person's leg in a cast by practicing on each other. It is an art! My friend R took a few photos of me after casting:


I texted these photos to my dad and sister saying, "Slipped on some black ice. Call when you get home." I knew they were both driving home from work and could not use their phones, so I let them think it was a real incident for a couple of hours. My sister was genuinely worried; my dad was so excited that he wanted to hear the whole story about how I ended up like that. "Well, I got an email a few weeks ago about a casting clinic, so I signed up. I had to wear shorts, which was awful because of the cold weather. My friend R tried his hand at casting me first..." Not exactly the scintillating story he was looking for.


Also, this just happened to my roommate's door last night. It's taped to the doorframe so that she's looking at a wall of paper first thing in the morning. Too bad we don't have enough saran wrap to cover the door. Update to come.

[Update: she was thrilled and amused to have been the target of a practical joke! I heard her stream-of-consciousness through from the other side in the morning: "Really?! This has to be Kim because, I mean, who else reads medical journals? I don't know what to do... do I walk through it or take it down? Wait... I need to take a photo of this."]

No comments:

Post a Comment