I took a quiz on which medical specialty is the best fit for me. Good thing that my top three are ranked near the top! Of the others in which I am interested, general surgery is unfortunately way down at #17 and cardiology is not even listed. I always wonder about such quizzes, though, because any smart person should be able to answer the questions to produce whatever outcome s/he desires. I definitely had one in mind.
Along the same vein, the whole idea of medical specialties ought to be questioned. Medical columnist Neal Emery argues that specializations are sustainable and provide suboptimal care because treatment plans are very disjoint if a patient sees more than one physician. With so much knowledge to be had, though, is this even an option nowadays?
Along the same vein, the whole idea of medical specialties ought to be questioned. Medical columnist Neal Emery argues that specializations are sustainable and provide suboptimal care because treatment plans are very disjoint if a patient sees more than one physician. With so much knowledge to be had, though, is this even an option nowadays?


No comments:
Post a Comment