This was "the last free summer" of my life

Tomorrow is the first day of school!  Though I do not go through the same motions of back-to-school shopping as I did in elementary school, the first day of class still makes me nervous and excited.

The summer between 1st and 2nd years of medical school is often dubbed the last summer of your life.  Of course this is not true, but what doctors are trying to say is that this is the last time I get a huge chunk of carefree summertime.  As mentioned, I did some amazing research of which I am very proud.  Since that last post I wrote and submitted an abstract to a medical conference (in Chicago) and have a second submission on the way (in San Francisco!).  Still, some part of me wishes I did nothing but travel and lay in the sunshine on California's beaches.  In fact, I only went to the beach once but I hardly count it as a time - the water faced the wrong way (east), there were no waves, and the water was not salty.  Good ol' Lake Michigan.  Maybe I'll learn to love it.

Without further ado, here are some highlights of the past three months:

Untitled
Janelle Monaé in concert with the Chicago Symphony
Untitled
Barbecued with friends (photo of my berry peach cobbler)
Untitled
Checked off two more states: WI and NC

Untitled
Roadtripped to St. Louis to see Britt

Untitled
Hung out with friends (and ate Korean BBQ in this photo)

Untitled
Experienced the Taste of Chicago
Untitled
Played a lot of Dominion
Untitled
Learned to use microfiche
Untitled
Played tourist in Chicago
Untitled
Made my mom's plum jelly
Untitled
Went to the beach just once

No comments:

Post a Comment