*of a friend. The other three have been for family members.
This month I went to a wedding! It was quite a feat to have reached 25 years old without a friend getting married. Alas, this is the beginning of that time in my life when vacations, pocket money, and dinner conversations are monopolized by weddings.
Emily, my sorority sister, is a medical student in North Carolina. I flew out there for her special event! The night before her wedding we girls met in her hotel suite and had a low-key bachelorette party - naughty games and cocktails galore. While the bridal party primped and photographed on Saturday morning, a few of us explored downtown Greensboro, NC:
 |
| A Trayvon Martin rally in Greensboro |
 |
| Site of the first sit-in, making this the birthplace of the civil rights movement |
 |
| A fun bluegrass band playing in downtown Greensboro |
The wedding itself was beautiful and the bride was so radiant I could feel the glow. I would expect nothing less from my sorority baby! It was in the backyard of a mansion on a verdant lake. The ceremony was interesting because I had never witnessed one like that before. The officiant personally knew the bride and groom so he inserted a few personal stories. Boaters slowed down as they passed the location either to gawk or to be respectful, or both. Emily made
everything at the wedding, from the backdrop to the fans to the centerpieces.
 |
| Emily and Chris tie the knot! It was a beautiful ceremony on a cliff overlooking a lake |
 |
| The WashU girls who flew in for the wedding |
 |
| Delta Gammas |
No comments:
Post a Comment