Date: Saturday, June 30, 2012
Location: Ghasa
Elevation: 2010
The views are still breathtakingly indescribable but as we're descending from behind the rain shadow, the sky gets even cloudier. We only hiked for four hours today, including a small side trail off the road, and already we reached Ghasa. We should have had clear views of Annapaurna I now that Nilgiri is out of the way. Peter and I have gotten to that point as travel partners where we're tired of each other and aren't talking much. I'm so engrossed in my thoughts, anyway, that it doesn't really matter.
It's halfway through the year and I can't believe all that has happened so far. Just six months ago I was celebrating NYE in Santa Monica with Joe and Amy, thinking about how far off travel and school sounded. Then things picked up from there. Next thing you knew, I made travel plans for Europe, gave my notice at work, visited Colorado for Tara's 21st, interviewed for the fellowship in DC, packed my apartment, said some goodbyes, then peaced out of STL. After Europe, California, surgery, and China, I'm now IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKIN' HIMALAYAS. Okay, Time, you can slow doen now so I can really enjoy this month before medical school starts. School's exciting, too, but this traveling is almost too good to be true.
Location: Ghasa
Elevation: 2010
The views are still breathtakingly indescribable but as we're descending from behind the rain shadow, the sky gets even cloudier. We only hiked for four hours today, including a small side trail off the road, and already we reached Ghasa. We should have had clear views of Annapaurna I now that Nilgiri is out of the way. Peter and I have gotten to that point as travel partners where we're tired of each other and aren't talking much. I'm so engrossed in my thoughts, anyway, that it doesn't really matter.
It's halfway through the year and I can't believe all that has happened so far. Just six months ago I was celebrating NYE in Santa Monica with Joe and Amy, thinking about how far off travel and school sounded. Then things picked up from there. Next thing you knew, I made travel plans for Europe, gave my notice at work, visited Colorado for Tara's 21st, interviewed for the fellowship in DC, packed my apartment, said some goodbyes, then peaced out of STL. After Europe, California, surgery, and China, I'm now IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKIN' HIMALAYAS. Okay, Time, you can slow doen now so I can really enjoy this month before medical school starts. School's exciting, too, but this traveling is almost too good to be true.

No comments:
Post a Comment