I'm obsessed with the food blog Smitten Kitchen. Today she posted the recipe for an apple tart topped with caramel. I have butter and sugar. I have cream. I have frozen puff pastry. I have apples galore from completely overestimating how many I can eat while piling them into my shopping cart last week.
Each item ticked off my mental checklist while reading through the recipe. My mouth watered and I may or may not have drooled. So I closed my biochemistry notes, set the oven to 400°F, then fiendishly peeled and sliced apples.
Total time: one fifty minutes from reading to my mouth. I inhaled the extra caramel heaped by the spoonfuls onto a few apple slices.
Each item ticked off my mental checklist while reading through the recipe. My mouth watered and I may or may not have drooled. So I closed my biochemistry notes, set the oven to 400°F, then fiendishly peeled and sliced apples.
| apple mosaic tart with salted caramel |

No comments:
Post a Comment