Science of Sleep (PopSci)

I stopped going to class in January. After nearly 19 years in school, it just gets hard to drag yourself out of bed every morning just to sit and listen passively for four hours. Instead, I've been listening to lecture recordings at 1.5 to 2x speed. The thing is, recordings are not posted online until late afternoon, so I get a late start to studying.

Slowly, ever so slowly, my sleep schedule changed to going to bed around 3am and waking up at 11am (sometimes embarrassingly later). I can sleep through half of a day's worth of sunlight because I was up the night before reviewing drugs and diseases over and over and over and... so much for my New Year's resolution.

How appropriate that PopSci's focus this month is on sleep! There's a bunch of intriguing articles in the issue. This is definitely more reason to get back on track, because I refuse to be one of those 92% of people who fail to keep their resolutions.
source

No comments:

Post a Comment