Chocolate chip banana bread

Herein lies the secret to winning friends and influencing people.

Food cannot go to waste! With so little money in my bank account and so many memories of my mom and aunt scolding me for not finishing what was on my plate (it's an Asian thing), I couldn't let those really brown bananas go to waste. So, naturally, I whipped up my go-to banana bread recipe and threw in some chocolate chips. I even recruited a neighbor to mush the bananas for me and she made endless comparisons of the mush to bodily fluids. Things like that don't faze us anymore.
Chocolate chip banana bread
adapted from AllRecipes

2 c unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c butter (1 stick), room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
4-5 mashed overripe bananas
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (this is about half of a Ghiradelli bag)

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. You'll need two bowls to mix the batter.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  3. Pour into a lightly greased 9x5 loaf pan. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

4 comments:

  1. mmmmmm... you can send me some, I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time. I'm so sick of eating banana bread!

      Delete
  2. This looks and sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing! Will definitely be making this soon.

    Teagan Kahla
    http://teaganadventure.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is delicious. I hope yours turns out well!

      Delete