Yesterday, in a class called Clinical Reflections, we medical students had to make individual lists of things that need to change. It could be about ourselves, our immediate environment, or about the world in general. We then had a conversation about whether these goals are achievable within the next year and tried to create quantifiable milestones to reach on the way to each goal.
Mine? To wake up the first time the alarm goes off each morning. This is going to be difficult, as my sleep hygiene is bad to begin with. Didn't I make this resolution two weeks ago? Yes, but I did nothing about it for several reasons: I was on winter break (therefore it was a vacation), nobody held me accountable, and I didn't have the motivation that I do now (studying for board exams). Today I woke up 30 minutes before the alarm went off!
Since today is the start of a new year for myself, a few other changes happened. I spent 12am-2am before going to bed purging my apartment of stuff. Extra pillows, books that I feel guilty for not reading but will never pick up, outdated sweaters, and the like. Now there's a big pile but it feels good.
Also, this blog got a facelift. It needed a little more panache than what Blogger's dynamic view offered. What do you think? Sorry about all of the old posts without photos - those pics are hosted by Flickr, not Picasa, and therefore do not show up.
Mine? To wake up the first time the alarm goes off each morning. This is going to be difficult, as my sleep hygiene is bad to begin with. Didn't I make this resolution two weeks ago? Yes, but I did nothing about it for several reasons: I was on winter break (therefore it was a vacation), nobody held me accountable, and I didn't have the motivation that I do now (studying for board exams). Today I woke up 30 minutes before the alarm went off!
Since today is the start of a new year for myself, a few other changes happened. I spent 12am-2am before going to bed purging my apartment of stuff. Extra pillows, books that I feel guilty for not reading but will never pick up, outdated sweaters, and the like. Now there's a big pile but it feels good.
Also, this blog got a facelift. It needed a little more panache than what Blogger's dynamic view offered. What do you think? Sorry about all of the old posts without photos - those pics are hosted by Flickr, not Picasa, and therefore do not show up.

No comments:
Post a Comment