Filibuster kills again

The NRA's unofficial slogan is, "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."  A piece of tepid legislation was introduced trying to keep guns out of the hands of those who are most likely to kill and the NRA still quashed it.  What a pile of lies and hypocrisy they are.  These are the congressmen who voted against gun background checks.  I can't come up with a better word than "cowards" to describe them.  They have little understanding of right from wrong.

I am so mad that I cried when I heard the news this morning.

Gabrielle Giffords has become the spokeswoman that Americans need on this issue.  She personifies the best in the human spirit and public servitude.  In a scathing article in today's NY Times, she vows:
"Mark my words: if we cannot make our communities safer with the Congress we have now, we will use every means available to make sure we have a different Congress, one that puts communities’ interests ahead of the gun lobby’s. To do nothing while others are in danger is not the American way."
Let's help her do that.  Fortunately (or unfortunately?) none of these senators are in the state of Illinois, so my voice cannot be heard by them.  What I can do is express my displeasure to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and make sure that these four who voted against the bill are not reelected.
Source: NY Daily News

No comments:

Post a Comment