Yesterday was recycling day, the day when everyone in the apartment complex sticks their little blue bins out to be collected. As I walked down the hallway, I was saddened by the large number of empty microwave dinner boxes piled outside each door. I looked at mine and saw an egg carton, empty spice bottles, and a styrofoam box that held mushrooms. Let me shout it from the rooftops:
You don't have to eat those microwave dinners for four years! The key is to make a big batch of something and be okay with leftovers. This cuts down on cooking time - I only make two or three meals per week. Here's a sampling of what I made this month:
 |
| quiche with mushrooms and shallots in lieu of bacon |
Your quiche looks yummy... Miam Miam! I must give it a try at some point. And I'm proud of you for being healthy :) xxx
ReplyDelete