A quiche is a savory crust dish filled with meat, cheese, or vegetables and eggs. They are so easy to make - with the right ingredients - and are delicious and filling. I already made two in the last month.
What I learned from experience: do not use frozen puff pastry as the crust. Yes, I cheat a bit and do not make the crust from scratch, but that is how it becomes a fast meal. So what happens with puff pastry? It does not cook on the bottom. What if the puff pastry is blind baked before being filled? It becomes so puffy that fillings will not fit in the shell.
So, moral of the story: use pie crust and blind bake it a bit before filling.
What I learned from experience: do not use frozen puff pastry as the crust. Yes, I cheat a bit and do not make the crust from scratch, but that is how it becomes a fast meal. So what happens with puff pastry? It does not cook on the bottom. What if the puff pastry is blind baked before being filled? It becomes so puffy that fillings will not fit in the shell.
So, moral of the story: use pie crust and blind bake it a bit before filling.

No comments:
Post a Comment