The 100th


Today was a great day.  An election was held this morning to vote for the M1 (first year medical student) class council.  I am the new class president!  Since our university turns 100 years old this year, I am also the 100th president.  How cool is that?

The two platforms on which I ran:

  1. Last year's class council focused on improving the schedule, curriculum, and study spaces for an accreditation inspection in the spring.  They poured a lot of work into improving the school for students who matriculate after them.  I spoke with the former freshman president and got some good ideas; I'd like to continue his push for change so that next year's first year students will have an even better school.
  2. At CMS, there is a schism between students since half of the class is on a non-traditional 5-year program that spread the first year's coursework over two years.  Those students already have friends and are familiar with the campus; some traditional medical students resent those BMS (biomedical science program) kiddos.  I'd like to start a number of organic activities to bring the class closer.  We're in this together for four years!
I'm pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment