Delhi

Delhi from the Jama Masjid
 I'm baaack and it feels like home.  After an eventful day bungy jumping in Nepal (more on that later), a day to do some last-minute shopping for knock-off North Face winter gear in Kathmandu, and one last meal of momos (Tibetan dumplings), I landed in New Delhi.
First order of business: eat a South Indian thali set meal at Saravana Bahavan.  Seriously.  I was scarfing down the gravies and that mango lassi a mere two hours after landing.
 Then I visited a landmark that I could not see before, as a woman must be accompanied by a man in order to climb the minaret: the Jama Masjid.  It's a really impressive, functional mosque.  It was cool to again visit a site that I have studied and written about.
 The day we were supposed to leave Delhi, yesterday, monsooned.  I opted to go to the Crafts Museum since, hey, museums are indoors and a good refuge from the weather.  A half hour into perusing the galleries and we had to leave because the drains weren't functional.

One overnight train later and I'm in Udaipur, Rajastan, excited to see some Mughal forts!

No comments:

Post a Comment