SoCal

As much as I'm in love with Los Angeles, my feelings are mostly nostalgia.  Only a handful of friends still live in the area.  They all have new, post-high school lives that kinda baffle me.  They work?  They have other friends?  Who have they become?!  Of course they have all grown up, but I half expect for things to have frozen in place while away.  Now I hang out with my parents a lot, chill at home during the work week, and am relishing in the boredom of having nothing to do, nobody to see, and no obligation to study.

Part of my cloistering was by choice because I was oh so presentable after surgery:
And my meals looked like this:
When I was ready to be seen again, I had dinner at a new burger place called Plan Check with friends before finishing the evening at Mom's Bar.
On the day after we had a pool party and spent a long time debating if May should be considered "summer."  I think not.
This past week, I painted my sister's room for her.  This is boredom at it's best.
Now she's home with her cat and we're back to making fun of each other, as usual.

Of course, there has been the busywork of doctor visits, paperwork, travel planning, and a long to-do list.  Nowadays I'm trying to stay up until 3 or 4am to start adjusting to the 15-hour time difference between California and Shenzhen.  Two days until China!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment