NorCal

Thanks for humoring me - I've been on a nice hiatus from the world in the past few weeks.

I hung out with Jessica and Kris for a week in Berkeley.  Instead of doing touristy things around San Francisco, they let me unwind from jet lag and recover from a cold in their apartment.
We cooked
and tried on hats.  You know, things we would normally do no matter where in the world we are.

In the middle of Jessica-Kris week, I went inland to visit Liz, one of my college roommates.  I have now seen all half dozen of those crazy girls in the past six months!  While Liz was at work in Napa Valley on a Monday, I went wine tasting by myself for the day.  It was fun to make conversation with older couples also visiting the valley.
Couple: Where are you from?
Me: Los Angeles via St. Louis, but I'm nomadic right now.
Couple: [raise eyebrows in unison]
tasting at Tamber Bey
We're starting to brainstorm ideas for our next reunion.

In the meantime, happy Mother's Day, Mom!
 I'll even put up with your backseat driving today.

No comments:

Post a Comment