Trouble

Whoever said that bad things come in three was clearly wrong.  Four things:

I lost my reading glasses somewhere in London or Brussels.  I emailed Dad to have him make me an optometry appointment when I get home.

I received an email saying my Illinois state tax forms are not filled out properly and need to be redone.  Well now I'm in Europe, without my computer and paperwork, and will not be reunited with my computer until after the April 22 filing deadline.

The Paris police issued me a 25Euro ticket the one time that I lost my metro ticket before I exited the system.

The air traffic controllers in Paris are on strike.  My flight from Paris to Madrid last night was delayed by almost five hours.  An hour before the flight was supposed to take off, the flight was cancelled.  Katie and I missed our us to Cadiz last night and had to forfeit deposits on the bus and hostels.  We completely redid our itinerary.

Katie cancelling reservations

3 comments:

  1. Bummer!!!! I'm sure it will all work out, as it always does. Your last post made me want to learn French :) miss you!!
    -britt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when it rains, it pours. remember, everything happens for a reason. at least, you are fine. =) despite the bad things, have fun and stay safe! --tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. this set back will just make your stories that much more interesting. i told dad about your taxes, hopefully he'll fix them for you

    <3 your sissy

    ReplyDelete