Wherever I go is away


Today's the day I've been talking about since the summer.  I'm traveling in for the next 18 weeks before I start med school.  I'm just a little nervous about it - nerves are normal!  Feel free to keep in touch via email, this blog, or Facebook.  Sometimes I'll post pictures to Flickr.

Europe: Today -April
Ideally, I would not have my itinerary so planned.  Doesn't it sound so romantic to have a one-way ticket abroad and no idea where to go?  It was, however, necessary to set arrival and departure dates in each location for the sake of everybody I will visit.



First up is a weekend in Brussels, where I will visit Claire.  She was my host sister when I briefly lived in Paris in 2005.  My host brother, Romain, now lives in Guangdong, China; maybe I'll see him in a few weeks!

Then I go to Paris via train, where I will stay with my former host parents - Claire and Romain's parents.  I've been really forgetful at keeping in touch since seeing them last but am very excited to catch up.
Paris 2012
Last time I was there, Paris competed against London to host the 2012 Summer Olympic Games.
Though they didn't win, what a precise prediction of my next trip!
After Paris will be a wonderful week and a half with Katie, one of my college roommates who now lives in Madrid.  Since it's her Easter Break, we will hop around cities in Andalucia (southern Spain) for Semana Santa (Holy Week), ending with a couple of days in Madrid.

The last stop on the Eurotrip is England.  I have a penpal from Lyon, France, named Valerie who I've been in touch with since I was 14.  We will see each other for the 3rd time ever - meeting in London then going to her new city, Norwich.

California: April -May
When I fly back to the States, I'll first stop in northern California before heading down to Los Angeles.

Asia: May-July
More about that later.


My things are in storage, my car is in a warehouse, I shipped my hiking shoes to my parents, my backpack is packed, and I'm on the way to the airport.  Off to Brussels, via London!  See you later, alligators.

No comments:

Post a Comment