T-shirt quilt

One of the goals I had in the past year and a half was to make a t-shirt quilt with all of those pieces of nostalgia that well represent my extracurricular activities in college.  I cannot wear them anymore without feeling like an undergraduate poser, cannot wear them to my community gym without a few raised eyebrows, and cannot bring myself to get rid of them.

Since the extent of my skills is darning socks and since I don't have a sewing machine, I decided to have the quilt professionally pieced together.  It cost just a little more than the time and materials would have cost if I were to do it myself.  Voilà the magnificent 5x6-foot quilt!


To keep with a nautical theme, the backing is the same blue and white stripes on the border.  The woman who put it together designed a quilting pattern that incorporates anchors and "WU," for Washington University:


No comments:

Post a Comment