I Get Paid for This

Sometimes, as with today, I work at an offsite clinic.  And sometimes, like today, I talk to one or no patients.  So what do I do for six whole hours in a windowless room?

I stare at the ceiling.
I organize my iTunes library (can only be done so many times).
I feebly try to hack into wireless internet but can't.
I read books but fall asleep.
I think about the wrinkle starting to form on my forehead.
I cross and uncross my legs.
I pick at my cuticles.
I disable the wall clock so it stops ticking at me.
I imagine that the filing cabinet is the door to Narnia.
I look out the door at the people who rarely walk by:



At the end of the day, I am SO TIRED but can't explain why.  The most productive thing I did was smile at the cleaning staff and walk down the hallway to refill my water bottle.

1 comment: