Resolutions

It has been nearly three months since I last updated the world on my life.  This trend of activity-then-hiatus with regards to documenting my thoughts has been a pattern in my life since I discovered the joys and difficulties of writing periodically.  During a blissful ten-day trip to visit Los Angeles, the city in which I grew up, over the recent holidays, I uncovered several diaries stashed in my childhood room.  The earliest dates back to middle school when I wrote about my frustrations with being invisible to my cooler peers.  The early high school diary documented the tribulations of a boyfriend-less teenager.  Writings from late high school were more mature with reflections on my travels in France and my mom's sickness.  Leafing through those gems proved my inability to commit to writing regularly.  Perhaps this will improve, perhaps it will not.  This is definitely not one of the resolutions that I will work on this year.

Instead, I am keeping it simple: work hard, play hard, chill, and go places.

There's a lot on my plate this year.  As a person who habitually is committed to a half dozen activities at once, cutting back on committees and clubs makes my social calendar seem absolutely empty.  Older and wiser individuals in my life, however, continually remind me of the work that has yet to come.  Medical school applications, watch out!

What am I supposed to do with all of my free time after work?  How do working adults handle their post-8to5 lives?  In a couple of years all of this will be resolved by a fatiguing schedule as a physician.  Looking forward to it.   In the meantime, I am going to play hard and chill.  Though most friend have moved out of Saint Louis, there are more friends to make and unending events to attend (happy hour at iTap on Friday!).  If there's nothing on the calendar, I'll plan it.  (that period was punched emphatically)

Go places?  It's figurative and literal.


No comments:

Post a Comment