There goes the fourth of my five rommates (we were on the same freshman floor, lived together as sophomores, had to split up as juniors, then took over half of an apartment building as seniors). KMK left St. Louis today to visit her parents for the weekend. On Monday she is jet-setting to Madrid. For nine looooong months, KMK will teach kiddos the ins and outs of English while she tries to find herself a Javier (we decided that her husband must be Spanish, beautiful, and named Javier). KMK was my roommate during senior year and is one of the few people around whom I do not need to censor myself. I will miss her very much but will be able to live vicariously through her thanks to Google, Skype, and Facebook. Perhaps, with tutoring from the language podcasts I recently discovered, I also will be fluent in Spanish by the time KMK returns.


No comments:
Post a Comment