Back to the Blog

Now that WashU is no longer the center of my world, perhaps I should use this space to keep note of my post-collegiate thoughts.  At the very least, it is a great way to keep in practice of writing.

I am one of the lucky college graduates who are employed.  Lucky me!  The cherry on top of my employment is that I actually like my job.  I work for The Contraceptive Choice Project at Washington University's School of Medicine.  It is a multi-million dollar research study trying to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies in a population by lowering the barriers to obtaining birth control (read: giving it out for free).  I'm a clinical research assistant, meaning that I help collect data for the study by directly interacting with participants/patients.


So... what does that mean?  Answer: I talk to women all day about their likes and dislikes about birth control.  On some days I come across women who are poorly educated on anatomy and reproductive health -- then I step in, teach them something new, and go to be that night feeling satisfied that I changed somebody's life.  The information that I give out really blows some womens' minds.  That fact just blows my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment